Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sno-fun








I absolutely detest the cold...but when it snows up on the mountain above us there's nothing to do but take the short drive and play in it. Heidi loved the idea! So up we went, piled on as many layers of clothing as we could find, and played for a good hour in the winter wonderland. I suppose we could have found a more pristine area, but this was just a quick jaunt up the mountain and back and we had fading daylight to contend with, and another storm coming up the hill for that night.

Anyway...Heidi took every opportunity to eat the snow and pummel grammy when her back was turned with a snowball (who taught her that?!). Nora found the whole thing fascinating and watched with wide eyes all the running around and screaming. Her little nose got cherry red as she kept popping out from under the blanket we had her wrapped in, to see all the action. Laura got a little snowman going and they did some sliding down the hill and made sno-angels. Lot's of fun.

The best part? driving down the hill and being in warmer temps in less than 15 minutes! YIPPEEEE

3 comments:

Meg Duffy said...

These are such cute pictures! I am jealous. I went to Mexico over break and I LOVED it! The sun was warm there... coming back home to Provo was probably the most depressing thing that has happened to me in a long time, even though I love the snow. Maybe California is the perfect place after all?!?!?!

The Cahoons! said...

I love having a white Christmas in Utah, and then come back home where I can have short sleeves again! The snow was beautiful in Eagle Mountain, I've never seem anything like it. BUT, that doesn't mean I ever want to live there! The little girls are so cute in all the picture! With Nora's little red nose! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Im proud you got the strength to willingly play in the snow!