Saturday, October 11, 2008

Why Brian is KING...

(click to enlarge)
Back in 2004 while Amy was pregnant with Heidi, Brian would write home from his mission that she should always refer to him when talking to the baby as "king". I couldn't quite recall what instance in his life would have led him to make such a request until...I was going through my bin of pictures and memorabilia and found what I think is the beginning of his "fits of grandeur"







Circa 1991


So this is where it all started!


He has grown up to be a fine young man with integrity, intelligence and character. And maybe in the coming eternity he WILL receive the "crown" of his righteousness and rule forever with his family in the great councils on high.


Happy Birthday KING BRIAN! Hail to the King!


A legend is sung, of when England was young, and knights were brave and bold. The good king had died, and no one could decide who was rightful heir to the throne. Below the hilt, in letters of gold: "Whoso pulleth out this sword from this stone and anvil is rightwise KING, born of England." Though many tried for the sword with all their strength, none could move the sword nor stir it...until the time of Brian.

3 comments:

Karen said...

haha, cute mom!!! such a classic memory.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh... the best part you ask? He is still livin' the dream... HAIL TO THE KING!

p.s. Sis. B. I love you and miss you guys, can't wait for x-mas break so that Shamai and I can come see you!

Delgado Fam said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is too cute. my sides hurt. what a stud.